OpenStreetMap is gearing up for a campaign in 2023 to fund the maintenance and growth of the core services that enables the amazing mapping community. This is so important the OSMF Board consulted on and decided to engage paid help with organizing the fundraising campaign. With this big step, it’s imperative that this effort is guiding by the high ethical standards aligned with the mission and values of the OSMF.
The Board has written draft Fundraising Guidelines and wants to hear from the community about them. At a high level, fundraising is guided by these main points.
- Funds are raised to support the OSMF’s mission.
- We balance honouring donors’ wishes and preferences while upholding the communities’ values.
- Our communication will adhere to high standards of integrity and transparency.
- Collaboration and inclusivity of the diverse OSM community in fundraising efforts is paramount.
- Fundraising will be executed and managed effectively.
- Our guidelines are anchored in clear policies.