Building on previous State of the Map culture, we love to hear what has been done with OpenStreetMap data, and as the motto for this year also implies too “Art of the Map” we would love to see more. Therefore, we invite you to participate in our poster exhibition for the virtual State of the Map 2020!
Your poster could show how well your home region is mapped, it could be a beautiful new style or map. It might focus on a community project or statistics, it might be a poster explaining and inviting people to OpenStreetMap. What’s important, is we want it to be about OSM. We’re also welcoming academic posters about research around OpenStreetMap data.
Need more inspiration? Take a look at the posters from 2019.
Rules for submission
- Poster should be for A0 size (841×1189mm)
- Poster should be related to OpenStreetMap
- Poster should be open, innovative and transparent (no-copying)
- Poster must be your own work (individual, team or institution)
- Poster should be under open licence (CC-BY-SA 3.0 or later recommended or CC0 🙂 )
- Maximum 2 entries per person, team or institution
How to enter
- Upload your poster to OSM Wiki
- File size maximum 30-40 MB
- Format PDF
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of your poster, for example the background of the project or whatever you find important to mention in the context of the poster – all that you would tell people if you show them your poster. We will publish this text together with the poster on the SotM website https://2020.stateofthemap.org/calls/posters/
- Please mention also the link of the uploaded poster in that email, so that we could know which of the uploaded posters is yours.
Timeline and Deadlines
- Start: 10 May 2020
- Deadline: 30 June 2020
The SotM team hopes to shortlist up to 20 posters that will be published on our website and some other SotM channels under CC BY SA 3.0 (or later)
The State of the Map Working Group
Do you want to translate this and other blogposts in your language..? Please send an email to email@example.com with subject: Helping with translations in [your language]
The State of the Map conference is the annual, international conference of OpenStreetMap, organised by the OpenStreetMap Foundation. The OpenStreetMap Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation, formed in the UK to support the OpenStreetMap Project. It is dedicated to encouraging the growth, development and distribution of free geospatial data for anyone to use and share. The OpenStreetMap Foundation owns and maintains the infrastructure of the OpenStreetMap project and you can support it by becoming a member. The State of the Map Organising Committee is one of our volunteer Working Groups.
OpenStreetMap was founded in 2004 and is a international project to create a free map of the world. To do so, we, thousands of volunteers, collect data about roads, railways, rivers, forests, buildings and a lot more worldwide. Our map data can be downloaded for free by everyone and used for any purpose – including commercial usage. It is possible to produce your own maps which highlight certain features, to calculate routes etc. OpenStreetMap is increasingly used when one needs maps which can be very quickly, or easily, updated.