September 24th, 2012 – October 8th, 2012
A summary of all the things happening in the OpenStreetMap (OSM) world.
- A new Australian tile mirror is online and overall the OSM project has four worldwide mirrors now. Additional mirrors are always welcome.
- Ilya Zverev created a new web service: Who Did it? – It shows the latest changes made to the OSM data.
- The HOT project is looking for an OSM Trainer.
- How can we welcome new OSM members? A proposal for a working group by Richard Weait.
- Mark Iliffe wrote a manifesto for an OSM Academic Working Group.
- Chris Lawrence developed a tool to cleanup GPS traces and create ways: osm-makeroads.
- Lanyrd.com, a social conference directory, also switched to OSM to visualize conference locations on a map. For example the SotM US.
- Pushpin is a new iOS (iPad & iPhone) OSM POI Editor.
- The source code of Paweł Paprota’s “OpenStreetMap Activity Server” is online at github now.
- All OpenStreetBugs of 2008-2011 have been moved to a different map.
Did we miss something? You can contact us via email@example.com