October 8th, 2012 – October 22nd, 2012
A summary of all the things happening in the OpenStreetMap (OSM) world.
- The OpenLayers project is calling for funding. You can support this great project here.
- Tom Hughes added functionality similar to OpenStreetBugs to the main OSM site. You can find some additional information here.
- Last weekend the State of the Map Scotland was held in Edinburgh. You can find some information at the wiki page or in the tweets by Shaun McDonald.
- ITO introduced a new video at the State of the Map US conference, which shows edits made in the United States from 2007 to 2012. Martin Davis published some notes about the State of the Map US in his blog.
- A new streaming replication mechanism has been developed to keep a local OSM database up to date.
- You can find Alex Barth’s summary and wishlist regarding future work at MapBox, based on the Knight Foundation funding.
- The OSM Inspector has a new layer with routing errors (islands) which is provided by the OSRM Team. Find more information in Dennis’ blog post.
- Do you want your own OSM Mapper Baseball card? Check out Richard’s idea.
- Steve Coast introduced the new OSM Commercial Users Conference: http://signup.osmcuc.com
Did we miss something? You can contact us via email@example.com