to fall into line with Steve, I wish you all a good new year 2007.
Although nobody found me at the CCC this year (what a bummer.. but I didn’t prepared any cookies anyway ;-), I still did some coding on JOSM and also made a very small tutorial to demonstrate some of them. Not enough for a new version, but postponed is not abandoned!
The tutorial is flash this time, so you can watch it online too (anyone knows a flash player for firefox/linux/AMD64?)
Get the tutorial at http://josm.eigenheimstrasse.de/download/tutorials/preferences_toolbar_reorder.html
GOOD NEW YEAR!
It’s my birthday tomorrow so I’m looking forward to the annual ‘joint Christmas-Birthday’ presents and getting very drunk (if you’re in London let me know). Then very soon I’m off for family-type things and I haven’t done any shopping yet.
Thanks so much for a great 2006. I’m sure I’ll be here before 2007 but not significantly, so at least have a great Christmas or other winter solstice festival. It’s been an amazing time and we’ve a long way to go – but just think, one day open maps will be as passÃ©e as Wikipedia. It’s our job to get there.
Nick Hill has sent out a GPS to someone through the post… and left the unit switched on to track where it went:
Forgot to mention, tomorrow is also when the poster auction expires, if you hadn’t seen it.
Or yesterday. I got called away to do some other work relating to previous contracts I’ve worked on. Tomorrow is the winter solstice meetup in Birmingham, come along. My birthday is next week and then it’s xmas so whilst there won’t be many consecutive days work on OSMonth as I’d like they will of course all still happen and be blogged here. In the meantime here’s a map to contemplate:
Thanks go to Edmund von der Burg and Nick Whitlegg
- UTF8 hell today. Looks like data is broken in the db now. String.isutf8 is only in Ruby 1.8.5 (current stable for most distros is 1.8.4) so backport needed for checking.
- patched cgi.rb due to a big hole
- added PRCONDITION_FAILED on rails api if segs nodes arnt available, or ways segs
It begins… (and I’m having a hard time reconciling a bunch of payments so I don’t know who to thank right now)
- fixed the planet script, an old copy generated the broken planet last night – new one tomorrow
- updated schema to reflect yesterdays db changes
- applet hacking
I’ve had to do a bunch of stuff for tonights ALN2 so calling it a half day.
There was an oxford meetup this weekend (more here). Here’s the result of the mapping traces which was somewhat cut short by the rain:
Thanks go to… Alex Willmer and Rhys Powell.
- Doing database utf conversion so downtime needed. Done! tomorrows planet dump should speak utf8
- Bunch of fixes to the Yahoo-based applet and deployed.
That’s it, two long jobs.