- Increasing board transparency by having open board meetings and thanks to Peter especially, communicating generally with the membership sooner.
- We also had our first community member audit of the financial records.
- Developing an open-source policy to guide what tools we use to run the OSMF Board
- Creating and filling of Admin Assistant Role to help make sure the day to day work is done more efficiently.
- Successfully funding and hosting a donation drive to cover the general operating costs of the OSMF over the next year
- Updating the Corporate Membership to increase the value of the membership and have it serve as a greater funding base for the OSMF in the future.
- Supporting mappers is at the core of what we do. Without mappers there is no map
- Increasing the funding base of the OSMF. This year we have put some pieces in place to allow that but in the next year we must continue to move towards that. This includes getting organizations to sign-up for new levels of corporate membership and successfully running another donation drive.
- Diversifying the membership of the OSMF (and in the future the board, since that will not happen this election)
- Providing more clear ways for financial support of Working Groups and Communities
Over the past year I’ve had the privilege to meet OSM contributors on four continents. If I haven’t had the opportunity to meet you please don’t hesitate to reach out. In 2017 I will at the very least be in Australia, the United States, Japan and parts of Europe (not sure which yet). Even if you just want to chat let me know so I can thank you for your contributions and get your feedback. Let’s all continue to make a great map in 2017.