Very soon you’ll be able to get a plugin from here to download tiles within SIS!
Tomorrow at 4pm there is a programme on Law in Action on Radio 4 in which they examine crown copyright, openstreetmap and the OS. You can listen online.
Dan has a beautiful post on the fantastic new cartography we have rendering.
Come along to Pathways of desire, a mapping weekend in south London this weekend. As well as the usual mapping and beer will be mapping of so-called elephant trails – the paths made on open land where no ‘real’ paths exist.
Chris Lightfoot died unexpectedly on 11th February 2007. He is sadly missed by family, friends and colleagues. The funeral was held at St. Bene’t’s Church, Cambridge, on 23rd February 2007. Donations, if wished, should be sent to www.no2id.net.
Chris did fantastic work at mysociety and other places and presented at the OS mashup event last October.
The Bristol mapping party was a week ago now, and we collected some great data:
We were at the Watershed and had about 40 people turn up in all. We almost ran out of GPS units despite the rain, and some good social events happened on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Laurence and I did an interview you can here here with the local radio station. All in all a good weekend!
Thanks very much to all who helped.
It’s a big blank patch right now but Mikel’s on the case
Thanks to a lot of hard work from all involved, we have a conference web site up over here. Please spread the word! This will serve as a base for info for the upcoming event:
- The State of the Map – First openstreetmap international conference
- Manchester, England
- 14-15 July 2007
There’s a Call for proposals up. Got something to speak about? We’re interested in a broad range of topics:
- Freeing Up Access to Geodata – The political, commercial and opensource implications of open Geodata
- Redrawing the Map the OSM Way – GPS, surveying, data editing methods and additional sources of base data.
- New Uses For A New Style of Geodata – A look at new and existing uses for OSM data.
- Cartography 2017 – where are we headed?
- Building Blocks for Collaborative Mapping – Data storage, processing, scalability and delivery in a wiki-like environment.
It doesn’t have to be exclusively about openstreetmap – feel free to suggest mini-talks, talks, BOF sessions, posters and more. Oh, and it wouldn’t be an openstreetmap conference without mapping all of the city either, would it?