State of the Map, our annual gathering, welcomes all who are involved with or interested in OpenStreetMap. We extend an invitation to everyone passionate about OSM – whether you’re an amateur mapper, a research academic, involved in humanitarian efforts, part of an NGO or government entity, running a small business, or representing a multinational corporation. Join us in Nairobi on September 6-8, 2024, to exchange insights and strategies for advancing the OSM ecosystem. Our goal is to include as many of you as possible in State of the Map 2024! Your participation at State of the Map is anticipated and encouraged upon selection. This may involve presenting a talk if chosen by the program committee, or participating in lightning talk sessions designed for scholars. Additionally, there are various other ways to contribute to and support the conference’s success while you are there.
Apply now for support to join us in Nairobi for State of the Map 2024!
Deadline: 31 January 2024, 23:59:59 UTC
Here are some tips to help you complete your application.
- The clarity and concise answers will be helpful. Keep sentences short.
- Select the minimum level of scholarship you need. This will help us to make the best use of limited funds and enable more scholars to join.
- Make sure you clearly state your visa and travel requirements and other potential funding sources.
- We want to hear about your contributions to OpenStreetMap, your project or your group. We do not want an account of a group’s work but your individual part in it. Try to use “I”, not “we”.
- You may include links to your OpenStreetMap profile, a local group you run, or software you created. If your written answer is satisfactory to get on our shortlist, we might look at these additional details.
- The motivation statement on why you decided to apply for the TGP
More detailed information on the Travel Grant Programme can be found on the State of the Map 2024 website: https://2024.stateofthemap.org/calls/travel_grants/
Stay tuned to know more about the news and the events of State of the Map 2024! See you in Nairobi and online.
The State of the Map Working Group