April 9th, 2012 – April 23th, 2012
A summary of all the things happening in the OpenStreetMap (OSM) world.
- You can register for the State of the Map (SotM) conference in Tokyo, Japan now.
- An OSM Hackweekend will take place on June 2nd and 3rd 2012 in Karlsruhe (Germany).
- YOU (OSM) are GREAT!
- The HOT project is looking for mappers for Bogor, Indonesia. Read more here.
- A new version of MapOSMatic has been published. MapOSMatic is a free web service that renders city maps based on OSM data.
- Several results of OSM length calculations for a lot of countries.
- The fastest OSM routing project has a worldwide coverage now.
- The new version of CartoDB supports the import of OSM data now.
- Blog post by Artem Pavlenko about some new Mapnik features. A transcript of Young Hahn’s „Rendering the World“ presentation.
- „OSM & ESRI Tools“ – Webinar recording available here.
- How can you link your addresses with OSM coordinates? Watch the Google Refine Youtube video.
- WheelMap.org published a Ruby OSM-API-Client on Github and is looking for developers.
- Chad Lawlis wrote an easy tutorial on how to show your OSM contributions on a map based on TileMill.
- With the OpenSource iOS SDK by MabBox you can easily integrate OSM maps into iOS apps. You will find the whole introduction here.
Did we miss something? You can contact us via email@example.com
Authors: Pascal & Dennis – (thx @ “Wochennotiz”)
Typo : CouchDB -> CartoDB ?