Some secondary OpenStreetMap services will be unavailable during the
following dates, due to power maintenance work at our server hosting:
– 2nd and 3rd July 2011. (Saturday & Sunday)
– 30th and 31st July 2011. (Saturday & Sunday)
– 3rd and 4th September 2011. (Saturday & Sunday)
– and 1 weekday (to be confirmed) during August 2011.
On each of these weekends, the servers will be shut down at 7:30 UTC,
and will be started again after works are completed, which will be
Sunday 16:30 UTC at the latest, but may be earlier. We do not yet have
a precise date for the August maintenance.
The following services will be unavailable during these periods:
* XAPI / jXAPI
* dev.openstreetmap.org server (errol)
* rendering of new map tiles
* osmfoundation.org and stateofthemap.org web sites
As a temporary replacement for XAPI/jXAPI, consider using third-party
services such as that provided by MapQuest:
Additional information will be posted to the following page:
The following services are *not* affected:
* www.openstreetmap.org web site
* API and Editing
* planet.openstreetmap.org and diffs.
* tile serving for existing tiles (details below)
* Nominatim (search)
* mailing lists
* subversion and git (source code repositories)
* trac (bug-tracker)
Maps will still be viewable on the openstreetmap.org homepage and on
other people’s websites. We’ll be serving tiles from a back-up tile
server. However rendering engines will be deactivated, meaning that
new rendering of map updates will not take place during the
maintenance period, some requests for tiles will fail where no cached
copy is available, and tile response times may be slower than normal.