Some secondary OpenStreetMap services will be unavailable during the following dates, due to power maintenance work at our server hosting:
- 2nd and 3rd July 2011. (Saturday & Sunday)
- 30th and 31st July 2011. (Saturday & Sunday)
- 3rd and 4th September 2011. (Saturday & Sunday)
- and 1 weekday (to be confirmed) during August 2011.
On each of these weekends, the servers will be shut down at 7:30 UTC, and will be started again after works are completed, which will be Sunday 16:30 UTC at the latest, but may be earlier. We do not yet have a precise date for the August maintenance.
The following services will be unavailable during these periods:
- XAPI / jXAPI
- dev.openstreetmap.org server (errol)
- rendering of new map tiles
- osmfoundation.org (that’s this website!)
- stateofthemap.org web site
As a temporary replacement for XAPI/jXAPI, consider using third-party services such as that provided by MapQuest
Additional information will be posted to the following page: Power_Maintenance_Q3_2011
The following services are not affected:
- www.openstreetmap.org web site
- API and Editing
- planet.openstreetmap.org and diffs.
- tile serving for existing tiles (details below)
- Nominatim (search)
- mailing lists
- subversion and git (source code repositories)
- trac (bug-tracker)
Maps will still be viewable on the openstreetmap.org homepage and on other people’s websites. We’ll be serving tiles from a back-up tile server. However rendering engines will be deactivated, meaning that new rendering of map updates will not take place during the maintenance period, some requests for tiles will fail where no cached copy is available, and tile response times may be slower than normal.