Our first virtual poster exhibition during SotM 2020 was a great success. Thank you to everyone who participated. Building on this and previous State of the Map culture, we love to hear and see what have been done with OpenStreetMap, so we invite you to participate in our poster exhibition for the virtual State of the Map 2021.
Your poster could show how well your home region is mapped, or it could be a beautiful new style or map. It might focus on a community project, academic research or statistics, or a poster explaining and inviting people to OpenStreetMap. Everything about and related to OSM is always welcome! For inspiration, see SotM 2020 posters – https://2020.stateofthemap.org/posters/
Rules for submission:
- Poster should be for A0 size (841×1189 mm)
- Poster should be related to OpenStreetMap
- Poster should be open, innovative and transparent (no-copying)
- Poster must be your own work (individual, team or institution)
- Poster should be under open licence (CC-BY-SA 3.0 or later recommended or CC0 🙂 )
- Maximum 2 entries per person, team or institution
How to enter
- Upload your poster via https://files.osmfoundation.org/s/QJ9ewPRdDscpwoo
- File size maximum 30-40 MB
- Format: PDF
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of your poster, for the example the background of the project or whatever you find important to mention in the context of the poster – all what you would tell people if you show them your poster. We will publish this text together with the poster at the SotM website.
- Please mention also the filename of the uploaded poster in that email, so that we could know which of the uploaded posters is yours.
- Deadline: 27 June 2021
The SotM team hopes to shortlist up to 20 posters that will be published on our website and some other SotM channels under CC BY SA 3.0 (or later)
SotM Organising Committee
Do you want to translate this and other blog posts in your language…? Please email email@example.com with subject: Helping with translations in [your language]
The State of the Map conference is the annual, international conference of OpenStreetMap, organised by the OpenStreetMap Foundation. The OpenStreetMap Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation, formed in the UK to support the OpenStreetMap Project. It is dedicated to encouraging the growth, development and distribution of free geospatial data for anyone to use and share. The OpenStreetMap Foundation owns and maintains the infrastructure of the OpenStreetMap project. The State of the Map Organising Committee is one of our volunteer Working Groups.
OpenStreetMap was founded in 2004 and is an international project to create a free map of the world. To do so, we, thousands of volunteers, collect data about roads, railways, rivers, forests, buildings and a lot more worldwide. Our map data can be downloaded for free by everyone and used for any purpose – including commercial usage. It is possible to produce your own maps which highlight certain features, to calculate routes etc. OpenStreetMap is increasingly used when one needs maps which can be very quickly, or easily, updated.