On Saturday 5th of July 2014 between 09:00 and 19:00 (GMT / UTC) we are moving our servers hosted by University College London to another data center.
The following services will be affected:
- Search (nominatim.openstreetmap.org) will be unavailable. *
- Slower map updates / Reduced tile rendering capacity. (Yevaud outage)
- OSM Foundation websites and blog.openstreetmap.org will be unavailable.
- Taginfo (taginfo.openstreetmap.org) will be unavailable.
- Development Server (errol) will be unavailable.
- Some imagery services will be unavailable. (GPX Render, OS
Streetview, OOC, AGRI, CD:NGI aerial)
Other OpenStreetMap provided services should not be affected – all of the following are expected to function normally:
- www.openstreetmap.org web site will allow edits as per normal (iD or
- API will allow map editing (using iD, JOSM, Merkaartor etc.)
- trac (bug-tracker)
- tile serving (“View The Map” & “Export”)
- mailing lists
- subversion and git (source code repositories)
Technical: We are moving all the servers listed here to a new UCL data center. The current building is being closed soon for refurbishment. The new data center has better server racks, power feeds, cooling and faster networking.
* Searches through the website will still work – we will redirect
them to another nominatim instance temporarily.
On behalf of the OpenStreetMap sysadmin team.