October 21st, 2013 – November 4th, 2103
Special issue – A summary of all the things happening in the OpenStreetMap world.
- All GPX traces of the OSM project of the last 9 years are available for mapping now.
- Wheelmap.org has been redesigned (German blog post) and more projects are getting involved.
- Werner wrote an update about the OpenStreetBugs phase out progress.
- leodobrasil wrote a blog post about his experience creating a new map for Itapetinga (Bahia, Brazil): “Novo Mapa de Itapetinga-BA“.
- Tom MacWright wrote a blog about the “function of difficulty in collaborative communities“.
- Alex Barth wrote about a popular OSM related question: What is the OpenStreetMap convention? Do we tag addresses on buildings or on separate nodes?
- Creating real-time maps from data anywhere on the web.
- A speed camera map based on OSM data.
- A bash script for tile stitching by OSM contributor mkarau.
- A blog post that shows you how to create maps with Python.
- Tobias Bieniek released a responsive sidebar for leaflet maps. Sources are available on github.
- The MychOSM project (“My community and my history in OpenStreetMap – New Comenius project”) is the follow up to the “Life Long Learning Mapping Project” aka BoostOSM project within the Comenius program.
This post is also available in: Japanese