August 12th, 2013 – August 26th, 2013
A summary of all the things happening in the OpenStreetMap world.
- September = Maptember. Read more about this year’s special month.
- The Annual General Meeting of the OpenStreetMap Foundation (OSMF) will take place at the State Of The Map (SotM) 2013 conference.
- The “Articles of the OSMF Association” have been revised. Read more in a blog post by OSMF chairman Simon Poole.
- The new OSM iD editor is the default editor on the main page now. Furthermore John Firebaugh wrote a blog post about the latest changes made to the main OSM website.
- Do the Golden Rules of OSM need an update?
- Several videos of the SotM Baltics 2013 have been published on Vimeo and Youtube.
- At October 5th and 6th, 2013 a Hack Weekend will take place in Karlsruhe (Germany).
- The Red Cross asks for your help with mapping tasks in Northern Haiti.
- Roland Olbricht provides some information about the new version of a popup layer for the main OSM webpage.
- Eric Fisher created an OSM and TIGER comparison map for the US.
- Jochen Topf works on a new Osmium version. Osmium is a fast and flexible framework for working with OSM data. He will present the new Osmium version in more detail at the upcoming SotM conference in Birmingham.
- Create your own Photo Map based on OSM and flickr, a tutorial by Mikel Maron.
- The free of charge iPhone app “I Bike CPH” has been released. It uses OSM data, the OSRM routing engine and is so far only available for Copenhagen, Denmark. However, the source code of the app is available on github. Also, a new version of OSRM has been released.
- A Windows App that gives you the latest OSM news has been published by Henk Hoff.