July 29th, 2013 – August 12th, 2013
A summary of all the things happening in the OpenStreetMap world.
- The default OpenStreetMap.org “standard” map switched to a new server. Additionally, the rendering server also uses the new “openstreetmap-carto” stylesheet. Comparison.
- GeoSprocket released the results of the “Tiled Basemaps Survey 2013“.
- Brittag about her first experiences as a new OSM contributor.
- Pascal wrote a new “OSM Contributor Activity Report 2013“.
- Foursquare users can directly edit OSM data now.
- A new version of the OSM Android editor Vespucci has been released. A video with all new features is available on Youtube. The language files of the GUI are hosted on Transifix.
- The Overpass API supports a new difference operator. What is the Overpass API?
- Dodocase offers iPad cases based on Stamens OSM maps.
- ScalableMaps provides OSM maps as a PDF or Adobe Illustrator file, check out Manhattan.