March 11th, 2013 – March 25th, 2013
A summary of all the things happening in the OpenStreetMap (OSM) world.
- Learnosm.org has been relaunched with a nice new design.
- The database & webpage of the OSM editor JOSM has been moved to a new server.
- HOT submitted their “MapMill – Crowdsourced Disaster Damage Assessment” project at the Knight Foundation News Challenge.
- Michal Migurski about Mapnik Vector Tiles (MVT).
- A first module (osm-auth) of the new OSM Editor “iD” has been published. Further modules will follow.
- How can you replace GoogleMaps with OSM maps on your Blackberry phone? A blog post by Luca Filighedd.
- Andy Allan posted a first preview of his new Outdoor OSM Map style. Andy is the creator of OpenCyclemap which you can check out here.
- An online article about the growth of OSM.
- Michelin publishes and sells city maps based on OSM data now.
- At corefact.com you can create your own OSM “postcards”.
- The new OSM Professional Large User Summit (OSM PLUS) will take place after the State of the Map United States conference in San Francisco (June 10th, 2013).
Did we miss something? You can contact us via email@example.com
Authors: Pascal & Dennis – (thx @ “Wochennotiz”)