November 19th, 2012 – December 2nd, 2012
A summary of all the things happening in the OpenStreetMap (OSM) world.
- A first demo page of a multilingual OpenStreetMap map is online. You can join the discussion at the OSM mailing list.
- A new OSM online editor that specializes in translating place names.
- Call for Papers for the Open Source & OpenStreetMap FOSSGIS 2013 conference (German language), which will be held in Switzerland.
- A new open access research article about automated vandalism detection in OpenStreetMap can be found here.
- A new online game, named Train Lord, uses OSM as a basemap.
- When will the OpenStreetMap Project reach 1 000 000 registered Members?
- Katrina Engelsted did a series of interviews with people who are working with the HOT project.
- Some OpenStreetMap projects created by students at the University of Heidelberg.
- OSM.org uses Leaflet for map zooming and panning now.
- A lot of people helped to improve the US OSM map during the “Operation Cowboy” mapping party. You can find a nice summery from Matthias here.
Did we miss something? You can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org