On Tuesday 20th of March 2012 between 13:45 and 16:15 (GMT / UTC) the
primary database server will unavailable due to emergency maintenance.
The following services WILL be affected:
* www.openstreetmap.org web site will not allow user login or edits
* API and map database editing (using JOSM, Merkaartor etc.) will be
* planet.openstreetmap.org will be available but no new diffs will be
generated during the outage.
* Forum (no logins)
* trac (bug-tracker, no logins)
* help.openstreetmap.org (no logins)
Other services will NOT be affected – all of the following are
expected to function normally:
* tile serving (“View The Map” & “Export”)
* Nominatim (search)
* mailing lists
* subversion and git (source code repositories)
Technical: Database Server Smaug: Replacing faulty motherboard.
Supplier Engineer Onsite. We have contingency hardware available.
1: Maps will still be viewable on the openstreetmap.org homepage and
on other people’s websites.
On behalf of the OpenStreetMap sysadmin team