November 14th, 2011 – November 28th, 2011
A summary of all the things happening in the OpenStreetMap (OSM) world.
- The OSM Foundation is planning the final steps to switch to the new license. Read the full blog post here. Also, the Licensing Working Group (LWG) announced some information about the database re-build here.
- The OSM.org website had a minor update. You will find two new selections in the layer switcher in the upper right corner. The Transport Map by Andy Allan and the Open.Mapquest map.
- The German OpenStreetMap community has a new website too. You can find a blog post about the new layout and design here.
- Some important information from our Humanitarian OSM Team (HOT). All members need to confirm their membership. Read the full text here. Further the HOT Team is asking for help for their Samoa simulation.
- First results of the new Engineering Working Group (EWG) can be found here.
- More information about the past Hackweekend in London can be found here.
- The Portugal community turned in a proposal to host the upcoming SOTM 2012. Read it here.
- Pascal conducted a new analysis of the OSM Inspector routing view.
- In preparation for Christmas: A XMAS Map.
- “The Brave Mappers Project – The story of OpenStreetMap in Amsterdam in pretty shapes and colors” by Martijn.
- Peter developed the new “OSM History Renderer” tool. It creates your own OSM history animation. Find his project and an example for Karlsruhe (Germany) at github.
- Two employees of the Massachusetts Department of Transportation created a more US style tileset. You will find the github URL and the map URL here.
- ITO World created a new US road fatality map using OSM as a basemap.
- With World Airport Codes the next website changing to OSM has been introduced. Read more about the change here.
- Osm2pgsql is used for example to create a database for rendering OSM data. The latest version of this tool has several updates. It would be great to gather some benchmarks now.
- Jochen created a plug-in for QGIS that allows the user to use the JOSM remote control feature.
- The Overpass API has now a mirror in Russia. What is the Overpass API and what can you do with it?
Did we miss something? You can contact us via email@example.com