Present your ideas, opinions or project to the world’s largest gathering of OpenStreetMap community members – The State of the Map
Do you have something to say to an audience of mappers, hackers and community activists who have revolutionised the way maps are made and used?
Yes? Then this is your opportunity to speak at The State of the Map 2010 – the largest gathering of OpenStreetMappers in the world – attracting hundreds of members of the OpenStreetMap community from around the world to three days of talks, workshops and discussions.
Previous speakers at State of the Map conferences have included:
- OpenStreetMap founder Steve Coast talking about all things OSM
- Humanitarian mapper, Mikel Maron, talking about mapping Palestine
- German community leader Frederik Ramm talking about German map development
- Stamen Design founder Mike Migurski talking about paper mapping with OpenStreetMap.
- University College London senior lecturer Muki Haklay talking about OpenStreetMap data quality
And many, many more great talks like these.
This year the State of the Map is inviting talks, posters and workshops on the following themes:
Mapping for the masses
OpenStreetMap has come a long way in the last 5 years. But how can we make sure OpenStreetMap continues to grow and thrive for the next 5 years? “Mapping for the Masses” invites speakers to present about their thoughts, opinions, projects or tools that will help OpenStreetMap grow and help its open map become the richest and most detailed in the world.
Living the map
Maps have long been a source of power, control and wealth in the world. How is OpenStreetMap’s free map changing the communities that you live in or work with? What are the social implications of a free and open map in different countries around the world? How can OpenStreetMap help make the world a better place.
OpenStreetMap has a vibrant community of hackers, systems administrators and app developers whose work keeps OpenStreetMap going and growing. Maybe you are working on a new OpenStreetMap editor, plugin, renderer, API or application that you’d like to share with everyone. If you hang out on OSM-Dev, dream in bash syntax and know OpenStreetMap’s API structure off by heart, this is the place for you to share your knowledge and ideas.
Powered by OpenStreetMap
In the last 12 months, OpenStreetMap powered apps have appeared in app stores and on the web like never before. More organisations from governments to universities, NGOs, navigation providers and web portals are using OpenStreetMap than every before. This session invites any users of OpenStreetMap to share their experiences creating OpenStreetMap powered applications and services.
OpenStreetMap moves at a very fast pace. If you are working on a project or have any idea that doesn’t fit into the themes above, we still want to hear from you.
Who Attends State of the Map?
Last year’s State of the Map attracted 300 attendees for three days of talks and workshops from organisations and companies including:
- OpenStreetMap mappers, developers and organisers from around the world
- Open source developers: OpenStreetMap, JOSM, Mapnik, OpenLayers, Ubuntu
- Universities and academic institutions around the world: University College London, MIT, Stanford, Cambridge
- Designers and cartographers: Stamen Design, OpenCycleMap
- GIS Industry professionals: ESRI, FortiusOne, Carmenta, Cartotype
- Web Portals: GeoCommons, Yahoo, Google, Bing, Nestoria
- Navigation and LBS: TomTom, TeleAtlas, Nutiteq, skobbler, Navteq, CloudMade
- OEMs: U-Blox, Nokia
- NGOs: MapAction, UNHCR
- Governments: Surrey Heath Borough Council, Amsterdam City Council
- Heritage: Rijksdienst voor het Cultureel Erfgoed, Oxford Archaeology
Sign Up to Give a Talk, Poster of Workshop
Do you have something to talk about at The State of the Map 2010? This year’s conference will be held in Girona, Spain from the 9th – 11th July.
Tags: openstreetmap, stateofthemap, sotm10, osm
Press Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wrong link, there is no http://vimeo.com/sotm09/videos/ but only http://vimeo.com/sotm09/videos