June 30th, 2014 – July 14th, 2014
A summary of all the things happening in the OpenStreetMap world.
- “Start Planning Your OpenStreetMap 10th Anniversary Party Now!” by Mele Sax-Barnett.
- Andy Allan about the “OSM Carto Workshop” at the SotM EU.
- Drew Bollinger wrote a blog post about “OpenStreetMap, Disaster Preparedness, and Growing Cities“.
- “OpenStreetMap – What’s next for the ‘Wikipedia of mapping” as it turns 10?” by Ed Freyfogle.
- Abhishek Nagaraj and “The Missing Mappers Problem?“.
- Jerry Clough: “Weingartnermoor Woodland Walk : SotM-EU Mapping Workshop“.
- You can find the monthly reports of the OSM Operations Working Group here. They also have a twitter account: OSM_Tech
- 1st Alpha/Testing export of all OSM notes.
- “The tour de France 2014 on OpenstreetMap”.
- OSM contributor hadry wrote about a “Moutainbike Orienteering map rendering ruleset for Maperitive (OSM)“.
- “Using UAVs for Community Mapping and Disaster Risk Reduction in Haiti“, Patrick Meier.
- “Watching the Watchlist“, Martijn van Exel.
- Ian Dees attempts at scanning aerial imagery to detect baseball diamonds.
- “d3-carto-map – A mapping API that uses D3 geospatial functionality”.
- “Steps to translate your maps from ArcGIS to TileMill” by Mapbox.
- “Processing OSM data with RethinkDB. Working on geospatial support for 1.14!”
After nearly 4 years and almost 100 Weekly OSM Summary posts, we would like to announce our retirement as editors from this service. Thank you for all your suggestions and submissions to the blog over the years! We hope that other volunteers will be willing to continue this service for the OSM community in the near future. We will officially end our endeavor with the 100th Weekly OSM Summary in a few weeks. This announcement does not imply that we will stop contributing to the OSM project or that we won’t conduct other data analyses in the future. Feel free to check out Pascal’s blog at neis-one.org in the future for any updates. Thanks. Pascal and Dennis
(thx @ “Wochennotiz”)
This post is also available in: Japanese