May 19th, 2014 – June 2nd, 2014
A summary of all the things happening in the OpenStreetMap world.
- The next State of the Map will take place in Buenos Aires. You can find the latest news on their twitter account.
- The Brazilian OSM community mapped several World Soccer Cup stadiums during a Marathon. Results are available here.
- The Humanitarian OSM Team (HOT) won the German Wikipedia:Zedler-Preis. More information is unfortunately only available in German. They also tested a new system for imagery requests coordination.
- Susanna Ånäs wrote a blog post about the “Maps at the Zürich hackathon“.
- The National Park Service created its own “Park Tiles” based on OSM data. Read more in their article.
- A new version of the Wheelmap app for android has been released.
- A new piece of software named OSMTimeLapseR can create a visualization of your OSM edits.
- Stefano Cudini published an online GPX track optimizer service.
- Abhishek Nagaraj wrote a short script for “Extracting Data from OSM History Files Using the *New* Osmium“. He also tried to automatically identify imports in OSM data.
- “we see 58% of content in 5 countries!“