April 21st, 2014 – May 5th, 2014
A summary of all the things happening in the OpenStreetMap world.
- Simon Poole talked about the fairly unknown fix-the-map webpage, which is a welcome page for new OSM members and mappers.
- The “last” open OSM bug has been closed. Many bugs have been moved to the OSM notes system.
- Osmlab on github provides the functionality to add your own “Local OSM Groups“.
- The working groups of the Humanitarian OSM Team (HOT) are going to be rebooted. Also Rafael Avila Coya plans a data import for his HOT activities for eHealth Africa in Kano, Nigeria. Read more here.
- “OpenStreetMap and the Open Data Movement” by Simon Poole.
- Richard Fairhurst wrote a blog post about “Building cycle.travel’s bike directions with OSRM“.
- The openhistoricalmap.org has been updated to the latest OSM code base. See an example of New York 1854.
- Ilya Zverev and “Grouping Mapnik’s labels“.