May 5th, 2014 – May 19th, 2014
A summary of all the things happening in the OpenStreetMap world.
- The well-known Taginfo system, for finding and aggregating information about OSM tags, got some updates.
- The new Community Guidelines need your review and comments, read more here.
- Due to the increase of organizations and businesses that are mapping in OSM, the DWG is evaluating whether it is necessary to issue guidelines for organizational editing. You can read more here.
- What should be the role and strategy of the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT) in the next few years? Also the HOT needs your help and created several tasks regarding the floods in Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- There have been several news reports in the past few days about routing apps or services which use OSM data: GpsTicker3 is a new bike navigation app for Android. Also new releases of GraphHopper and the Open Source Routing Machine have been published.
- CartoDB opened an office in Berlin with Jan Marsch (creator of OSM Buildings).
- Some JOSM mapping tips for squaring buildings.
- OSM contributor Zverik created a mapnik-to-image exporting script.
Authors: Pascal & Dennis – (thx @ “Wochennotiz”)