November 18th, 2013 – December 2nd, 2013
A summary of all the things happening in the OpenStreetMap world.
- A redesign of OpenStreetMap.org is live since the beginning of December, 2013. You can find additional information in a blog post here.
- A set of improvements has been pushed to uMap. With uMap you can create a map with OpenStreetMap layers within a minute and embed them into your website.
- During the #hackess hackathon in Paris, a route planning prototype for wheelchair users has been implemented based on OSRM and OSM data. A demo is online here.
- A number of Spanish video tutorials showing how to use the OSM JOSM editor.
- A blog post by Peter Karich on how to set up your own OSM graphhopper routing service.
- OSM France started a quality study around French OSM administrative boundaries.
- Rafa Gutierrez wrote a blog post on how to create GoPro video maps.
- OSM contributor Belecker published a new JOSM plugin (Tracer2) to extract areas, with focus on buildings from graphics (no photos). Read more in the OSM wiki.
- Adam Jordanek created a website which shows bars, pubs, restaurants and other facilities with their corresponding opening hours. Give it a try here.
- SK53 wrote a blog post about the last OSM hack weekend in London.
This post is also available in: Japanese