June 17th, 2013 – July 1st, 2013
A summary of all the things happening in the OpenStreetMap world.
- Why has the OSM server fund raising been extended?
- Early sign ups to the State of the Map in Birmingham will get an individual mug.
- The income and balance sheets of the OSM Foundation have been published.
- The OSM download area at the Geofabrik server has been extended and improved for USA & Canada.
- A new HOT project regarding the flooding in India has been started. You can find an additional blog post about the work here and a video by Harry Wood about how to map missing rivers. Also HOT Indonesia started working on some new material for learnOSM.org
- Tate Watkins wrote a blog post about mapping in Haiti and Yohan Boniface is working on an HOT OSM map style. More information and a preview are available here.
- Frederik Ramm created some tiles that focus on low zoom levels (0-8). You can find some more information in the mailing list thread.
- A map made of wood and mapped OSM data.
- Some new program releases which are important for OSM: v0.6 of Leaflet (browser-map-lib), v0.3.4 of OSRM (routing engine) and v0.4 of uMap (OSM maps in your html site)