after almost 9 months of more or less JOSM-coding, I finally announce a new JOSM release. In shortage of a better name and in spirit of the good old Sam & Max adventure game (which I finished yesterday.. Hurray!), I hereby call this release: “Hit The Road”. 😀
Before I get to the new features, I want to Frederick Ramm, Christof Dallermassl, Francisco R. Santos, Bruce Cowan, Thomas Walraet, Martijn van Oosterhout and all the other guys I forgot who send in patches, bug reports and ideas and who wrote plugins for the community. 🙂
Ok, now to the facts:
online-help: F1 (or http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Help)
Some new features since the last release
- 0.4 complaint. I bet you already noticed that in the latest beta 😉
- Tons of new modes and tools as split / combine ways, reorder nodes in
a line, reorder segments in a way, (un)select all…
- Better support for plugins. There are over a dozen plugins
already available. A basic plugin downloader has been integrated into
JOSM to ease the plugin installation process. See
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Plugins for more
- The MarkerLayer displaying annotations from gpx tracks.
- More visualization options, e.g. drawing the segment ordering number
or drawing boundary rectangles of all downloaded areas.
- HCI improvements as one-time warnings, customization support for the
toolbar on top (including annotation presets), detach the dialogs
on the right, welcome screen, cuter images…
- And of course: fixed tons of bugs.
I hope you enjoy the new release and good mapping.