As of now we are accepting your talks and presentations in the following State of the Map 2019 tracks:
- OSM Basics: Information dedicated to newcomers
- Community & Foundation: Bringing people together, working group experiences, strategies & vision
- Mapping: All about making the mapping easier and better
- Cartography: Your ideas on how to create good-looking manifestations of the OSM dataset
- Software Development: Software for processing and editing data
- Data Analysis & Data Model: Reflections about the OSM data, its model and analysis of quality and completeness
- User Experiences: Tell your surprising story of using OSM as an end-user
- Academic Track: There will be a proper academic track, it will be announced separately!
Two novelties deserve a special mention:
- The “OSM Basics” track: We would like to welcome newcomers with contributions that get them started in the fascinating world of OpenStreetMap. These talks should specifically address the needs of people not overly familiar with the OSM ecosystem.
- The “Extended talk” submission type: Big ideas need time to grow. For talks in this category we will allow double the time (40 min) compared to the usual talks. Make sure to mention why your talk needs this extended space.
You will find the Call for Participations and the link to the submission form at:
We are looking forward to your fresh ideas and beautiful maps!
SotM 2019 Program Committee
Sign up for event updates and follow us @sotm!
The State of the Map conference is the annual, international conference of OpenStreetMap, organised by the OpenStreetMap Foundation. The OpenStreetMap Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation, formed in the UK to support the OpenStreetMap Project. It is dedicated to encouraging the growth, development and distribution of free geospatial data for anyone to use and share. The OpenStreetMap Foundation owns and maintains the infrastructure of the OpenStreetMap project. The State of the Map Organising Committee is one of our volunteer Working Groups.
This post is also available in: Japanese