March 25th, 2013 – April 8th, 2013
A summary of all the things happening in the OpenStreetMap (OSM) world.
- The new OSM iD editor reached version Beta 1. You can also find some slides by John Firebaugh that include some background information of iD here.
- Is someone interested in taking over the OSM editor Merkaartor? Read more here.
- A first initial dump of all OSM GPX tracks is downloadable now. You can find additional information in the following thread.
- Frederik Ramm wrote an article about his work at the OSM Foundation Data Working Group.
- The OSM Inspector Routing View is now available for the whole world as a single layer.
- A Youtube video about the “ViaAlpin” mapping party.
- A new mailing list has been created for discussions and questions about tile-serving.
- The rendering of the OSM France tile server has a neat visualization for soccer and golf fields.
- Simon Poole’s QA Map service has a new layer. It can highlight way objects with and without name or address-tags.
- Matthias created a video about the integration of OSM data into SuperTuxKart game.
- Some notes from the latest HOT meetings and an update on Kunduz mapping.
- The website formally known as http://www.pistes-nordiques.org , is now available at: http://www.opensnowmap.org . You can find some additional information here.
- Several US users had some issues using the Overpass-API. This has been fixed now.
- How to use OSM map tiles from Stamen or MapBox as basemaps in ArcGIS.com.
Did we miss something? You can contact us via email@example.com
This post is also available in: Russian