April 8th, 2013 – April 22nd, 2013
A summary of all the things happening in the OpenStreetMap world.
- Follow Live Edits made to the OpenStreetMap database. And a second webpage with a similar visualization.
- A new update to the RFC OSM attribution mark.
- The TOP 50 Mappers of the United States will get a ticket discount of 50% for the upcoming State of the Map US in San Francisco. Read more here.
- The released GPX Planet dump visualized as a transparent overlay, created by Ilya Zverev.
- The Overpass Turbo tool now supports MapCSS.
- A blog article by Young Hahn about „Hack Your Maps“
- A blog article about Kite-Mapping
- Using fieldpapers in the OSM editor JOSM.
- Using R to analyze OSM data. A diary entry by Hawkeye.
- A blog post about the latest HOT activities in Africa. Also, HOT started a new project after the earthquake in Lushan (China). The summaries of the HOT board meetings are online here too.
- The open source tool Mapwarper helps you to rectify your old and new maps.
- A new OSM renderer called alaCarte is available at github.
- A research study about the impact of mapping parties in London.
- Ten fascinating facts about OSM United Kingdom & OSGB.
- Celebrate National Park Week with Chimani’s OSM based app for outdoor activities.
- The next Wherecamp Berlin will be between June 21st and 22nd, 2013.
This post is also available in: Russian